5th Annual Jewelry Appraisal Forum
February 3, 2017
MasterValuer™ International will again host the Annual Jewelry Appraisal Forum during the 2017 Tucson AGTA Gem Fair. Appraisal industry experts gather together to discuss appraisal procedures and practices involved in their particular appraisal practices. As expected, varied approaches to appraisals will be discussed. Audience questions and participation is invited and encouraged. Don't miss this exciting forum..
The panel of experts will be as follows:
- Gail Brett Levine, Executive Director, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
- Art Samuels, Independent Appraiser, diamond broker, Florida, USA
- Teri Brossmer, Gem Appraisals Unlimited, Glendora, CA USA
- Dee Rouse Huth, Executive Director, MasterValuer™ International, CA USA
- Craig Lynch, Independent Appraiser, Ouellet & Lynch Appraisal Services, AZ USA
Among the subjects planned for discussion (so far): more to be added:
- Court Appearances and cases for the jewelry appraiser
- USPAP and IVS compliance
- Audience members can bring up subjects not on the agenda, time permitting.
Yes, the discussions will be quite lively.
The Master Valuer program residence classes and future workshops will be conducted at the California Institute of Jewelry Training, Toronto, and Vancouver, Canada. Additional international classes are offered in Korea, Hong Kong, Sweden and China. More to come!!!
The MasterValuer™ jewelry appraisal program does not support jewelry appraisals that claim gemstones or jewelry to be sold for the purpose of investment? This is not to say that said appraiser is not qualified or capable of appraising properly, it is to say that it is the opinion of MV that a larger percentage of this type "investment" gemstone is commonly questionable and we as an organization of jewelry appraisal professionals do not support this practice.
Please understand that a Registered MasterValuer™ who would advertise as a reseller of "investment stones" cannot use the RMV credential as any basis for said appraisal. This is a "buyer beware" announcement. For information, contact Dee Rouse Huth - 800-731-1122.